|Login/RegisterHomeAbout Our ClubOur AircraftForumsSafetyScheduling SystemEventsPilot Shop & LinksExplorersHow to Join LVFCDirectionsContact Us
Safety (a.k.a Aircraft Utilization)
"Aircraft Utilization" is the term frequently used by our long time Insurance Broker Larry.
During our annual renewal discussion Larry always said "Safety" has been used as word used by members to throw at other members as a way to motivate each other to be better pilots. However, it usually creates a negative feelings and tendency to hide ones valuable learning experience out of fear of being judged by others. These experiences should be shared and pilots of our club should be encouraged by others to "utilize" our aircraft.
Here are some helpful words from your Club volunteer Safe Awarness Coordinator Jim Sankey. We have this page to to benefit not only our Club members but all of the flying community. So please do not hesitate to contact Jim if you have any questions SafetyAwarness @ lvfc.org 215-669-7000 (Mobile).
Safety News Bulletins:
- Some of you may wish to download this "cheat sheet" provided by Avemco, to create, access and administrate your Wings account. It is a good resource. This is also downloadable from the FAASafety.gov web site, under Team Rewards-Avemco. Please save it to your computer. It may come in handy. Safe Skies! Jim Sankey.
- Garmin GPS Simulators (9/3/07) You got to keep your head out of the cockpit so we suggest you use these simulators on the ground so you not learning them in the air.
- FAA Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS): (2/24/07) Access to hosted databases
- Aviation Safety Reporting System (2/24/07): Had a mishap or accidentally busted airspace? Use this form to report your incident within 10 days of the occurrence. You can submitt online or download and print and submit via snail mail. Also, you can subscribe to monthly ASRS news letter showing the latest reports. This system was implemented for pilots and airport personnel to tell their story so other pilots can benefit from their experience and hopefully become better pilots.
- www.liveatc.net (7/17/11) a popular resource for those who enjoy listening to and talking about Air Traffic Control (ATC)...aviation enthusiasts, student pilots, student air traffic controllers, flight simulation enthusiasts, FBO operators, airline operators, and just about anyone with an interest in aviation communications. It's even used by nervous flyers who want to simply get a peek into a world they don't normally get to experience. While KABE is no longer covered, most major airports are.